He also worked as a freelance sculptor, and in 1943 organised and founded the Calcutta Group of painters and sculptors. In 1950, he was appointed as the Reader and Head of Dept. of Sculpture at M. S. University, Baroda. In 1951, he was appointed Professor of Sculpture, Government College of Arts and Craft, Calcutta. In 1955, he was elected as fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, London. In 1957, he joined National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi as the Director. Between 1957-70, he served at the Lalit Kala Akademi in its General Council and Executive Board.
In 1960, Prodosh was elected president of the Third International Association of Arts (UNESCO) Congress, Vienna, and functioned as an executive board member for three years. He travelled to Czechoslovakia, Poland and East Germany on the invitation of the respective governments to meet artists, and visit galleries and museums in each of the countries.
In 1969, he published a book of poems – “Fallen Leaves”, and in 1970 retired from the post of Director, National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi. Several posthumous shows on the artist have been mounted in the recent past, including an exhibition with the Ministry of Culture at the Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, Chennai, 2012; and at the Victoria Memorial Hall, Kolkata.